The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the meticulous coordination of each project in a timely matter. He or she must facilitate the role of liaison between clients and other NYC Agencies and various team members. The PM must review construction plans to verify compliance with NYC Department of Buildings and other city agencies. Throughout the project, the PM is responsible for producing documents complimentary to submitted plans in order to procure NYC Department of Buildings and other city agencies approval and permits. The PM is the main individual responsible throughout the duration of the project from approval to sign off, etc. and is the primary point of contact for clientele on each project’s status. Previous experience in NYC expeditor jobs is a plus.
Key Accountabilities (include the following, but are not limited to):
- Must be able to navigate the Building Information System and track all projects from beginning to end.
- Coordination of DOB related agency forms for various types of filings.
- Must be able to multi-task in order to successfully organize significant amounts of projects.
- Applicant must be able to intelligently discuss projects with clients, internal Departments, Project Managers, & Associates throughout the project life cycle.
- Is the main point of contact for the client and updates the client on project milestones such as but not limited to: filings, approvals, permits, letter of completion, and sign off.
- Plans, coordinates, and leads activities to ensure the procurement of project objectives.
- Coordinates with Project Managers and Filing Representatives to meet the proposed project schedule.
- Create and update client status reports as necessary.
- Sends initial filing and sign off RFI’s and completes follow ups until the process is complete.
- Updates FoxPro regarding receivables and project updates.
- Performs any additional duties if needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or two to four years job comparable experience required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must as are active listening skills.
- Applicant must possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-sufficient as well as have the capability to multi-task.
- Must be a team player with strong initiative and excellent people skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, grammar, and computer skills also required
- Must maintain a professional and presentable appearance at all times
- Knowledge of Building Code and Zoning a plus
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org