This Human Resources (HR) Specialist position is a technical specialist who through special knowledge, skill, and experience provides a unique service to the Company. Under limited supervision, the HR Specialist provides para-professional support in functional areas of Human Resources (HR) which include recruitment, onboarding, personnel records, employee relations, regulatory reporting requirements, benefits administration and other areas as needed.
Ultimately, you will foster a healthy workplace by ensuring our HR procedures always run smoothly.
The ideal candidate will exhibit team focus, initiative, organizations, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal communication.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Analyze employment-related data and prepare required reports.
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Contact job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications.
- Develop or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
- Hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or employee referrals.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
- Schedule or conduct new employee orientations.
- Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, or implementing recruiting or retention programs.
- Plan quarterly and annual performance review sessions
- Managing employees timecards, PTO and processing payroll on a weekly basis
- Miniumum 2 years experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Solid understanding of labor legislation and payroll process
- Familiarity with full cycle recruiting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Team management skills
To apply please fill out the form below.