By Penny Laughlin
The New York City Fire Department (FDNY) launched its new online business portal, FDNY Business, on October 15, 2019. Effective immediately, the department requires online filing for all new Emergency Planning and Preparedness applications and amendments:
- Comprehensive Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan
- Fire Protection Plan
- Fire Safety and Evacuation Plan
- High-Rise Residential (Non-Sequential Floor Numbering) BIC
Applications submitted before October 15, 2019, will be reviewed manually. Users who link legacy FPIMS numbers to their account will have limited information regarding application status on FDNY Business. Any subsequent applications for amendments must go through the new system.
To assist users, FDNY released a 28-page FAQ document, as well as a 193-page user guide, available at the links below.
Benefits of FDNY Business
Similar to DOB NOW, the new FDNY portal is designed to streamline agency interactions by allowing building owners, architects and engineers, and other industry professionals to conduct business online, at their convenience. The system will allow account holders to do the following:
- File a plan or amendment for the above application types
- Upload supporting documentation
- Make online payments, using CityPay
- Track the status of applications
- View all FDNY correspondence online
- Respond to deficiencies online
- Receive final acceptance for Emergency Preparedness Plan applications
PDF Intake Options
While all four of the application types listed above must now be submitted online, FDNY offers a PDF intake option for the following applications:
This option allows users to complete and upload PDF forms to initiate new and amended applications. After submitting the PDFs, users must verify and validate all data online, and subsequent submissions must take place online, using FDNY Business web forms.
To use the PDF intake alternative, download the current forms from the FDNY Business website. Older forms cannot be used.
If you have any questions or need assistance working with the new FDNY Business portal, please contact Metropolis Group at 212.233.6344.