Department of Environmental Protection

Noise Control for Nightclubs, Restaurants, Bars, and Cafes

By Bruno Caligara The NYC DEP regulates the amount of sound and vibration being transmitted between commercial establishments and their adjoining neighbors. While residential sound transmission is the responsibility of the DOB, The New York City Noise Code – rules and regulations for these commercial establishment – is regulated by the DEP. Amplified noise from… View more