Major Projects Development Program Launched in DOB NOW
By Katherine Baerga
As of September 12, 2022, DOB NOW: Build now includes the Major Projects Development Program (MPP). The New York City Department of Buildings (DOB) created the MPP to streamline the approval process for large, complex construction projects.
Benefits of MPP Participation
Development projects accepted for the MPP will receive the following:
- Dedicated project coordination and guidance services from pre-filing to final sign-off and Certificate of Occupancy (CO)
- Pre-development consultations to validate project scope, compliance, schedule, and enforcement resolution
- A single point of contact and internal coordination among DOB units through a project advocate
Projects Eligible for MPP
At this time, projects eligible for the MPP are limited to:
- New Buildings of at least 20 stories or 500,000 construction square feet
- Enlargements of at least 20 additional stories on 100,000 additional square feet
Developers must pay a $50,000 enrollment fee to the DOB upon acceptance to the MPP. The enrollment fee drops to $25,000 for Affordable Housing projects.
How to Apply
To apply for the MPP, select the new “Pre-Development Consultation for MPP” option in DOB NOW to create a project and schedule a consultation with a Development HUB project advocate.
Even if your new project does not fall under the above criteria, you can still apply for the program if the filing will be considered complex in nature (e.g., requires CPC or BSA approvals, etc.) The DOB will determine eligibility following the consultation.
More information will become available as the program gets underway.
If you have any questions, or to discuss the benefits of submitting your project for the MPP, call Metropolis Group at 212.233.6344.